The Pink Wall | Double Denim & Check

You know those bloggers whose Instagram feeds are full of gorgeous photos of them posing in front of pastel-coloured walls? That's what I was attempting here; the village I work in is full of beautiful thatched cottages in pinks, whites and blue pastel shades, and so I saw my chance to be like those Instagrammers and took it (however ended up posing a way more awkwardly than the experts).


I'm really into fashion - and in particular, red, faux fur accents and elements of street style, and I think this look encompasses all of those things. The compliments that I got on this look that day made me want to awkwardly pose on my lunchbreak for the 'gram. 

Most of the things in this outfit are new, and in styles and fabrics I've never been into before. First of, I've never really thought I suited denim jackets; while I loved how they looked on others, I stuck to the coat/jacket styles I knew, which are smart, tailored styles or full faux fur numbers. 

However, with my one of my workmates giving me inspiration from her faux-fur-collared denim jacket, I decided to try one out in a similar style. I grabbed this 20% off in H&M's Black Friday sale and have worn it to death already. The cream fur collar is detachable, and there's a soft lining in the body for extra warmth. I think I'm a denim jacket-convert - I ordered a mustard one with faux-fur collar just this morning in the ASOS sale and it's safe to say I'm already looking out the window in anticipation for my DPD driver to deliver my parcel.


Next off, red. Last year, I was never really into colour. I was comfortable with black, greys and blue denim, and occasionally braved a pale pink. However now, my wardrobe is full of colour. I'm very much a fan of bold reds and yellows, and have an array of coloured t-shirts, jumpers and trousers which I love experimenting with. 

When I spotted these jeans on ASOS (they're now in the sale - you're welcome) at the end of last year, they went straight on my Christmas list. They're a straight-leg style, which I've never gone for before (I'm a Mom Jean lover through-and-through), but I'm super happy with the fit of these. The ripped hem at the bottom adds interest and the red isn't insanely bold, being quite a muted shade. I belted them with this round-buckle belt, also from ASOS, which I love as an alternative to the classic western-style belts I always wear.


Finally, these Vans are my new favourite shoes (alongside my beloved Adidas Stan Smiths). These were also a gift for Christmas (after I subtly sent my Mum the link to them in December) and I love the bold check print. I'd seen them around for years and always thought they were either just for the cool skate kids, or only the trendiest street-style bloggers could pull them off. 

But this year, I'm wanting to explore different styles more and go for things that I perhaps wouldn't have done previously. I took the plunge, got them and I absolutely love how they look. I have a lot of patterned trousers and striped tees so have found myself being quite selective with what I wear them with, but with some good basics, I think they work really well.

As an end note, my t-shirt is from Mango. I bought it as a good, not-boring basic as I found I lack in the white t-shirt department. And despite being terrified of getting make-up on it, I love it. 

If you want to see whether I'm now one of those Instagrammers with a feed full of pastel-coloured walls, have a nosey at my feed, featuring this look, here (spoiler, I'm definitely not).

No comments:

Post a Comment